Although it's true most vegan meals require a little more effort and time commitment, these breakfasts are incredibly quick, affordable, and simple. Not to mention incredibly healthy and delicious! These are personal favourites of mine that I have chosen to combine into one post in order to provide you with some morning inspiration.
Perfect Probiotic Parfait
- Yoso Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt (the only vegan yogurt I find palatable)
- Homemade Granola, or store-bought
- Chia seeds
- Hemp Hearts
- Maple syrup, honey, or agave (optional)
- Handful, or two, of local organic berries
- Yogurt in bowl
- Add toppings! I'm not going to tell you how to live your life ;)
Cardamom & Cinnamon Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup Califia Farms unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or any nut milk
- 1/4 tsp true or Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- Handful of local organic blueberries
- Additional Nuez Nutmilk in Cardamom flavour for pouring over oats
- Soak oats overnight if you can
- Place oats in stove and add your packaged nut milk and true cinnamon and bring to a gentle boil
- Lower heat and let simmer until oats are cooked to your preferred texture
- Remove from heat, add ground flax seed and stir until evenly distributed
- Add oatmeal to a bowl, pour the ~fancy~ Nuez Cardamom nut milk over top and finish with berries on top
Tasty Tomato Toast
- 2 pieces of rye bread
- Spread 'Em Kitchen Co.'s cucumber and garlic spread
- Half a fresh organic tomato
- Small handful of broccoli sprouts (optional)
- Hemp Hearts
- Black Pepper and pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Toast the bread
- Add the toppings - being generous with the cashew cucumber garlic spread!
Be creative with your toppings if you like! These are just ideas I have tested and happen to love. This post was just to show you how easy it is to make a healthy, nutrient-packed, vegan breakfast with little ingredients and little fuss - because who wants to start their day with stress? Nobody.
Enjoy your week ahead my loves!